Friday, August 30, 2013

Touch Painting

Well it didn't take too long at all... my boy knows the days of the week :) So proud!


We did some more tracing work.


He did okay with the pencil, but I let him swap out for a crayon and he did much better with that.


Not bad right?!  Daddy was impressed, which made me happy.


To round of our Senses Unit, I wanted to try THIS touch painting activity I saw on Pinterest.

As usual, I didn't do the prep work ahead of time.  I didn't make doors for the boxes like I wanted to, and I swore I had some bubble wrap saved somewhere.  O well.  Here is our adapted version:



On a large piece of construction paper I taped aluminum foil (slippery), some fine sand paper (scratchy), and a piece of netting (bumpy).


I covered the paper with a box.  Had I prepped better, I would have put a "door" over the opening to discourage peeking.  Instead I had them stand or kneel on the chairs so that their line of vision was above the top of the box and they had to reach under into the box to paint and feel the different surfaces.




They peeked anyway.


We poured pixi sticks into the paint to add another sensory element.  It smelled so good!


I had them close their eyes and feel around for a texture at a time.


This one got more paint on himself than his paper!



Here's what we ended up with.


They had their own plans for painting that day.  As soon as I let them quit their Touch Paintings, the boxes got flipped over and painted.  He is making a Rainbow Rocketship, 

"'cuz I love Rainbows and I want a Rocketchip!"

Duh.



Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

4 comments:

  1. Too funny.
    I like it.
    Blessings,
    Janis Cox www.janiscox.com Author of Tadeo Turtle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janis,
      these kids crack me up!

      Tadeo Turtle sounds like a wonderful book! I'll have to get my hands on it. My 3yr old is loving turtles lately!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Touch painting without seeing is a great way to develop and learn motor skills from memory and many of our projects end with extra credit painting too!

    Thank you for linking up this week to the Thoughtful Spot Weekly Blog Hop! I do hope that you will visit my neck of the magical woods every week and take a quick rest by the tree on the tree stump while you read everyone’s blog posts that they have so thoughtfully shared with all of us.

    ReplyDelete