Wednesday, August 14, 2013

2013-2014 Homeschool Timetable

As messy as I allow my life to become... I love to organize.  I love to make lists, even if it's just to collect a pile of lists on the table.  I love to organize closets and toys, even though they very quickly resume their disorderly state.  I love to schedule, even though I am terrible at sticking to said schedule.
Well that needs to stop.  
I have tried lesson planning before and, though it needs some tweaking, it worked.  My problem is that I let the morning get away from me, and all my planning falls to pieces.  So I'm going to give this a try.

Our 2013-2014 Homeschool Timetable
  • 7-7:30am Usual wake up time
  • 7:30-8:30am Breakfast
  • 8:30-9am Clean up, Get dressed
  • 9-9:15am Morning Board Time
    • Review month, day, date and year
    • Observe the weather
    • Letter of the Day
    • Number of the Day
    • Sing Along (I'm doing this instead of the sight words I had thought I'd do when I put the board together... no use in rushing things)
  • 9:15-9:45am Letter and Number of the day activities
    • Worksheets, crafts, games, etc.
  • 9:45-10am (or longer) Story time
  • 10-10:30am Snack Time
  • 10:30-11am Subject Study
    • Math
    • Science
    • Social Studies
    • Pre-writing & Early Literacy
    • Sensory Exploration
  • 11am-12:30pm Outings, Playdates or Free Play
    • Playground, yard, library, walk, etc.
  • 12:30-1:30pm Lunch
  • 1:30-2pm Montessori inspired trays / busy bags
  • 2:00pm Nap/Quiet time (hopefully they both nap! Oliver is nearing the end of this beautiful stage of childhood even though, in my opinion he still needs them)
  • Wakeup time-Dinner time Free play

So...wish me luck sticking to it.  I'm going to copy this onto a poster board and hang it up somewhere I can't help but see it... that should do the trick!

The goal is for me to follow this at least 3 days out of the week, the days that aren't taken up by speech therapy appointments and our Gymboree Day (School Skills for Oliver and a Level 4 or 5 class for me and Owen).  I haven't yet heard from the SLP at the grammar school to schedule Oliver's twice a week sessions there, but I'm hoping we can do an 11:00 session time so we still have time to work on our stuff.

********************************

Introducing our Facebook Page


Facebook.com/TTPblog
Follow us for updates and new blog posts

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

1 comment:

  1. SOunds great - and lots of fun opportunities to learn.

    Thanks for linking to The Sunday Showcase. I've pinned to our board.

    ReplyDelete