Sunday, August 5, 2012

Field Trip - Take 2

Since yesterday's field trip was not at all like I expected it to be, we thought we'd try again today.  After sweating our bums off in Church (we figure it's about time we find a church to go to, and it felt great to bring the kids even though they were both sweaty and fussy wiggle worms) we cooled off at home, ate lunch, and headed out to the Durham 4H fair.

Again...not exactly what I'd expected, BUT we got an up and close look at many more animals.  I'm going to give the fair the benefit of the doubt; I'm assuming it was more appealing the day before than it was when we were there (an hour and a half from closing time and after some rain in the afternoon).

It was neat for the boys to see all the animals featured in the books we'd read throughout the week, and the ones that weren't.  Big Boy is totally a Llama and Alpaca fan now.  I'm just going to have to get my hands on some Llama Llama books!

It was awesome to hear Big Boy saying the names of the animals.  His speech bubble (as my mother and I refer to it) has finally popped.  We could tell the desire to talk was there, growing bigger and bigger until it would explode... and it finally has!


No comments:

Post a Comment