Monday, September 16, 2013

Dollar Store Airplanes



Another great time for just a dollar?!

Surely I can't be serious!


I am serious.  And don't call me Shirley.

I picked these foam airplanes up from the dollar store months ago.  They've been sitting in the closet just waiting to be the perfect afternoon filler, so on Sunday I pulled them out for the boys to paint with Daddy while I tried to get some sorting done to change the kids clothes out from summer to fall.


They did a great job painting and patiently waited for their planes to dry, which was conveniently after lunch and naps.

The first words out of Oliver's mouth when he woke up were: "Let's check if the plane is dry to fly in the field."

They were.

We walked down our street to the soccer fields, (don't ask why it's the first time in the two years we've lived here that we've done that... what the heck were we waiting for?!) and the kids had a mostly great time running around and tossing up their planes.

These foam planes weren't exactly state of the art aerodynamic wonders.  They were mostly straight up straight down flyers which got Ol upset a few times...but hey, they were a buck and they were fun enough.  The boys are too young to be getting all fancy and technical with model planes.  But they did have fun, so now we know that they may, in fact, be future airplane hobbyists.


Now that I have a couple of junior pilots on my hands, I found a few more plane making and flying activities for us.  Check them out.





Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

2 comments:

  1. The fun has just begun it seems. Arts and crafts that can be turned into an outdoor fun event is great. I will have to take a look at our dollar stores now. Thank you for linking up this week to the Thoughtful Spot Weekly Blog Hop :-)

    ReplyDelete