Sunday, July 29, 2012

Week 1 - Farm Animals

Here we go....Week 1 of my homemade lesson plans.  I may be over ambitious, but that's what the purpose of starting now is- so I can figure out what works and what doesn't work for us.

I set up my sensory bins in preparation for tomorrow and I can't wait for the kids to play with them!  So glad I came across this blog post about sensory bins for babies.  Now little man can join in our fun!

The baby bin is filled with large pastas (rigatoni and rotini), linking letters, plush rattle teething toys, small (but not too small!) rubber toys, a feather, and some noise boxes (they open up and there's an animal inside you push or twist and it makes a squeak or clicky noise...they were in big brother's first Easter basket from his Nana and his love for them surprised everyone).


Big Boy's bin is filled with popcorn,  cups for scooping and pouring, small toys, a tractor that makes lights and sounds, feathers, and another one of those animal noise box things.






My favorite part is that I had both of these bins already!  One was empty and the other still had junk thrown in it from last year's move.  I love that they have lids and can get closed up when the boys are done exploring.  I plan on decorating this corner for Big Boy to play in.  Little Man will be on the other side of the baby gate with his bin... I don't want him getting too near anything too small, AND I hope to avoid any fighting!


I put the worksheets I made on 4shared.com so they can be accessed by anyone who happens across this.  Feel free to print and use in your own home for some farm animal fun!













week 1 - farm animals.docx

2 comments:

  1. WOW! you have done a lot in such a small time with your blog. Especially like your header! Keep up the great work.
    Marcia :)
    http://learningideasgradesk-8.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm having fun...hopefully that rubs off on the kids!

    ReplyDelete